For residents in Salinas, CA, like in other parts of the US, keeping the rodent population under control is crucial because of how quickly mice and rats can multiply, the amount of damage they can create, and the risk of potential health risks they can introduce into your home. While having a rodent wander into your home during weather changes or stowed away in furniture or a box carried into your home, making sure the problem is addressed sooner rather than later can reduce your chances of having a full scale infestation to deal with. Giving rodent control specialists a call can make a big difference in your fight to keep mice and rats out of your home. Here are some specific considerations and steps you can take to reduce rodents in your Salinas home:
Call a professional rodent control service
If you suspect that you are sharing your home with a few beady-eyed, four footed creatures, giving the pest control experts a call can not only give you peace of mind but it can also get rid of the problem faster. A pest professional will inspect your property thoroughly for the presence of rodents. A few things they will be looking for are:
- Entry Points: A rodent exterminator will inspect your home or property for potential entry points, such as gaps in walls, foundations, doors, and windows. By sealing these openings, you can prevent future rodents from getting inside.
- Landscaping: A pest control expert can point out overgrown landscaping that could be contributing to your rodent problem. It is important to trim back trees, bushes, and vines from your home’s exterior to reduce potential pathways for rats and mice. Keep vegetation away from your roof and walls.
- Ways to personalize the treatment plan: A pest professional will use the experience they have in addition to what they are seeing on your property to put together a personalized treatment for your rodent problem. They will take into consideration if you have children and pets to make sure that treatment is far away from them but highly effective against the rodents. Bait stations, traps, and prevention measures are all ways a professional can get rid of your pest problem for good.
Prevention steps to take
A few ways for you to help the effort to keep rodents out of your home is to:
- Secure food sources: Rats and mice are attracted to food. Loosely packaged food in your pantry, left out food on the counter, and outdoor trash cans with no lid can attract rodents in and around your home. Make sure all food, including food trash, is secured so rodents can not get to it.
- Keep Outdoor Areas Clean: Leaf piles, stacked wood, and long grass are places that mice and rats may infest. By removing debris and clutter from your yard, you can reduce the number of rodents in the outdoor areas.
- Remove Water Sources: Whether inside or outside of your home, fix any leaks and eliminate standing water sources that may attract rodents. Proper drainage and maintenance are essential.
In Salinas, CA, give the rodent control specialists at Target Pest Control a call today.