Once cockroaches get into your home, it can be a nuisance to try to get rid of them. Cockroaches multiply quickly and newly hatched cockroaches are almost immediately as quick as their scurrying parents. The best plan of action in your fight against cockroaches is to avoid a cockroach infestation altogether by trying the following best tips for cockroach prevention. In Pacific Grove, stop cockroaches from entering your home, contaminating your food, and stressing you out so you can enjoy your home once again.
Cockroaches love a good mess, cluttered corner, or stinky, overflowing trash can. Preventing cockroach infestation starts with keeping your home tidy and clean. Other factors may also contribute to a cockroach problem that is outside your control but starting with what you can do will help deter cockroaches from becoming a problem.
When it comes to trash:
- Be sure to empty all trash cans promptly when full.
- Keep your outside trash away from the house.
- Food scraps and food trash can be a big draw for cockroaches so take out stinky trash sooner to avoid attracting cockroaches.
Cleaning and food storage:
- Sweeping after each meal and wiping down countertops is a great way to discourage cockroaches from coming around.
- Storing all your pantry items in an airtight container will prevent cockroaches from getting in and finding lunch.
- Water can also be a major magnet for cockroaches. Water from a drippy faucet or a leak can create enough water to make a cockroach and their growing family quite comfortable.
Preventing an infestation
If you follow the tips above, you are doing your part to keep cockroaches out of your life. But if you live close to a neighbor or live in an apartment building and those around you do not keep their home free of trash and food crumbs, it is very possible that you could get cockroaches in your home as well. Act fast if you see more than one cockroach. Call a professional to treat your Pacific Grove home for cockroaches before it turns into a full infestation.
Risks of cockroaches
Cockroaches are not fun to have around because they can be startling when they suddenly sprint across the room. But they also can contaminate your food with harmful diseases and can even leave a trail of nasty bacteria behind them as they scurry across your countertops. They can even trigger asthma symptoms in those who suffer from allergies and asthma.
Do not take the risk of having your home become infested with cockroaches. Do your best to prevent even a single cockroach from creeping into your home. If cockroaches do make their way inside, promptly call a professional to be sure that every last cockroach or egg is eliminated so you won’t have a recurring infestation in the future. Residents of Pacific Grove can give Target Pest Control a call for reliable and thorough service for cockroach infestations today.