While cockroaches are perfectly comfortable living around humans, the feeling is certainly not mutual. Cockroaches can be found in some of the most filthiest, dirtiest, grimiest places on the planet. And they don’t bother to clean up before trouncing across your kitchen counter. The only way for you to be ok with a cockroach in your home is to know that it will soon be gone. A professional cockroach control service will eliminate a cockroach infestation while also removing eggs, exoskeletons, and feces and they will also identify entry points to make the necessary repairs to keep your home safe from cockroaches.
Preventive cleaning tips
Cockroaches love a messy, smelly home. Don’t give them what they want by making a regular cleaning schedule and targeting a few key areas that are major cockroach magnets. A few prevention tips are:
- Containing all food use to the kitchen
- Promptly taking out kitchen and bathroom trash when full
- Keep outside trash away of the house
- Don’t let any water stand inside the home
Signs of a cockroach infestation
Be vigilantly on the lookout for a serious cockroach problem. Cockroaches can reproduce quickly, with some female cockroaches laying up to 50 eggs at a time. You want to catch the problem early before it becomes a full fledged infestation. Knowing what to look for will help you identify signs around your home that indicate an infestation.
- Smear marks: Cockroaches often hangout in wet, damp areas in the home. If the cockroaches are very active in one area, they scurry through water, and leave brown, smear marks on surfaces and sometimes on walls near the floor.
- Droppings: Cockroaches leave behind tiny droppings. If the infestation is significant, you may notice excrement in certain hidden corners of your Monterey home.
- Exoskeletons: But droppings are not the only thing cockroaches leave behind. Like other insects, cockroaches have an exoskeleton that they have to shed in order to grow. If you have an infestation, you will find cockroach exoskeletons in areas that the cockroaches frequent.
- Egg Castings: While cockroaches lay a lot of eggs, you may not find the eggs when searching for signs of cockroaches. But it is very possible to find the egg casting or capsules left behind after the eggs have hatched.
Cockroach elimination services
If you discover any of the above signs of a cockroach infestation, calling a professional right away can eliminate the stress that comes with knowing cockroaches are crawling all over your Monterey home. A professional will come in ready to work. They know where to look for activity and entry points, as well as how to get rid of the cockroaches and keep them out for good.
In Monterey, there is one trusted name in cockroach elimination, and that is Target Pest Control. Our technicians are ready to give you your home back and to make sure cockroaches never try to take it over again. Give Target Pest Control a call today.